30 September 2010

And shoes too.

Tango shoes. Never thought I'd ever buy shoes like that.
The saleswoman has a shop right next to the room where we get our lessons. Smart. Direct import from Buenos Aires. Handmade, beautiful lightweight shoes.
I hesitate. Expensive, and the style....
She says: "Now you look like a gangster. They use to dance very well, you know." But I do not know if want to look like a gangster...
Then I remember a scene in Pixar's Cars, with Luigi, the tireguy. It's a fantastic scene where he talks about the colour of tires (=shoes), and what this can do for you.

Luigi: No,no,no,no! You don't-a know what you want. Luigi know what you want. Blackwall tires. They blend into the pavement. But-a this...white-wall tires! They say, "Look at me! Here I am! Love me."

Hmm. Maybe my new tangoshoes shall do the same for me...?
Allright, I'll take them. I'll be a gangster on the dancefloor. They'll all look at me, and love me.

No comments: